Education Support Center (ESC)
Building 5400 Box 46
Camp Joseph T Robinson
North Little Rock, AR 72199
The ESC is a resource for education and incentives benefits available to ARNG Education Services Offices and to Soldiers. Below is a brief synopsis of what the ESC offers. For full details, give us a call, or stop by at the Professional Education Center on Camp Robinson, building 5400.
Education Benefits and Services
- GI Bill. The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) administers several educational assistance programs as set down in law; Title 10 and Title 38 United States Code. Each program is found in a different chapter of the law and this chapter number is often used to refer to the different benefit programs. The programs also have specific names. Each program provides different benefits to different groups of individuals. For more information, click: http://www.nationalguard.com/tools/gi-bill
- Loan Repayment Programs. For members that have an existing student loan obligation at the time of enlistment in the Army National Guard, there is a program that may pay up to $20,000 for a six or eight year enlistment as a member of a unit. In addition, current Army National Guard members who extend their enlistment contract for a minimum period of six years are also eligible for this program providing they meet certain requirements. Click: http://www.nationalguard.com/tools/student-loan-repayment-program
- JST Transcripts. A system that provides Soldiers with a free military transcript that documents all military training and test data from the Education Testing Service (I.e. CLEP, DSST, etc...) Provides the college credit equivalency as recommend by the American Council on Education (ACE). Learn more: https://jst.doded.mil/smart/signIn.do
- AGR Soldiers. Title 32 and Title 10 ARNG AGR soldiers are eligible for the full gambit of educational benefits that are afforded to traditional (M-Day) Soldiers. Learn the differences in benefits and resouces: http://www.nationalguard.com/tools/gi-bill
- Enlisted Incentives. As a component of the Selected Reserve, the Army National Guard (ARNG) may offer incentives to its enlisted Soldiers under the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP).
- Officer Incentives. As a component of the Selected Reserve, the Army National Guard (ARNG) may offer incentives to its officers and warrant officers under the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP).
- Specialty Incentives. Under the AMDD (Army Medical Department) implementation guidance, the Army National Guard (ARNG) may offer incentives to its officers and warrant officers under the Selected Reserve Incentive Program (SRIP).
- Loan Repayment Program. Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) is currently for selected Soldiers only and will help pay outstanding amounts on the Stafford Loans, Ford Direct Loans, Perkins Loans, Chaplain loans, and Health Professional loans. Learn more:
- Officers Without Degrees. This program assists Officer Candidates (OCs) and Company Grade Officers in completing their baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. Find more information: http://www.nationalguard.com/careers/become-an-officer/officers-without-degrees
- Employment Partnership Office. EPO is an interface between Employers and the Army National Guard and Army Reserve to advance discussions about employing members of the Army National Guard and Army Reserve and how to effectively accommodate Employers and Soldiers when Soldiers are called to active duty. Resume advice, job listings, and the "employer chat room," are among the tools available: http://www.esgr.mil/
- Other Resources. Other resources available include, "Hire a Vet," "Continuum of Service," "Troops to Teachers," "Helmets to Hardhats," "Federal Employment," " Internet Employment," and "Green Employment." To find out more, click: http://www.nationalguard.com/tools/vocational-opportunities