United States Army Logo
Images of Soldiers GoArmyEd Logo



GoArmyEd Information Portal for Kleber - Kaiserslautern Education Center

Lunchtime and weekend classes are available. 
Updated: Jan 01, 2019  
Welcome to the
USAG Rheinland-Pfalz Kleber Kaserne
Education Center
Learn About Army Continuing Education System (ACES)
Visit Army Continuing Education System (ACES)...
ACES services within the USAG Rheinland-Pfalz are located in four Army Education Centers: Rhine Ordnance Barracks (ROB), Baumholder (Smith Barracks), Kleber Kaserne, Landstuhl Regional Medical Center. The Education Center on ROB, Building 288, is the HUB Center. The HUB Center provides services to all Soldiers within the Garrison as well as US Army Reserve Soldiers in Europe.
 ***ALL Service Members MUST enroll through GoArmyEd in
order to request Army Tuition Assistance***

Contact Information 
Building 3245, Room 207 & 208
Monday - Friday 0730-1630
(Closed Training Holidays)
Administration - DSN 541-1012 
Building 288 Monday - Friday 0800-1700
Administration - DSN 493-2588 
*****NEW LOCATION*****
Building 213 Room 125
Every Thursday 1100-1500
DSN 544-6693 
Educational Counseling:
Army Education Centers have professionally trained counselors available to provide
educational and career counseling services for the entire community.
Counselors can also show Soldiers how to navigate through the GoArmyEd Portal.
GoArmyEd.com is the virtual gateway for Soldiers on active duty to request Tuition
Assistance (TA) online anytime for classroom and distance learning college courses.
FAST Classes
FAST, Functional Academic Skills Training, classes are offered several times a year
for Soldiers desiring to raise their GT score. FAST classes are on duty 60 hour
courses held Monday through Friday.
 College courses are available in a face-to-face (traditional) format and online.
 The traditional face-to-face undergraduate courses generally meet a total of 8 weeks in the evenings for 3 hours twice a week.
                                                                                 Lunchtime and weekend classes are available in addition to online undergraduate classes accessible through the service member's home school's portal.
Certificates and Associates Degrees
Certificates and Associates Degrees are offered by three academic institutions in
Kaiserslautern in a face-to-face format; CTC, ERAU, and UMUC-E. The certificate
usually requires 15-32 semester hours of credit while the associates degree program
requires 60-65 semester hours of completed credit. Service members can also take
courses for these degree programs online.
Bachelor's Degree
Bachelor's Degrees are offered by CTC, ERAU, and UMUC-E in face-to-face format in
Kaiserslautern. These colleges offer lower and upper level courses leading toward
a bachelor's degree. A bachelor's degree requires a minimum of 120 semester hours.
Service members can also take courses for this degree program online.
Master's Degree
There are three academic institutions offering face-to-face graduate programs in
Kaiserslautern; University of Oklahoma, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, and
University of Maryland University College Europe. Service members can also take
courses for this degree program online.
**Please check with your Education Counselor/Aide and or home school to determine
course and degree program availability!**
Central Texas College (CTC)
CTC offers an AA in Applied Science, Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Professions,
Legal Assistant, Automotive Mechanic/Technician and Microsoft Certification Program.
University of Maryland University College-Europe (UMUC)
UMUC offers general studies and management. BA/BS offers a comprehensive program
that features courses from main academic descriptions via distance learning. Graduate
degrees in public administration, Counseling, MIT and MIS.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU)
ERAU offers Certifications, AS, BS and MS degrees in Aviation Maintenance,
Professional Aeronautics and Aeronatical Science. Technical Mangement and
University of Oklahoma (OU)
OU offers a Masters of Human Relations, Masters of Arts with an emphasis in
International Relations and a PHD program in Organizational Leadership.
**Additional majors and concentrations for all academic instititions are
                   available through their direct websites.**
Tuition Assistance (TA)
The Army TA program provides financial assistance towards tuition costs for
Soldiers enrolled in off-duty courses offered by accredited college or university. The
total amount of tuition assistance for the fiscal year (October-September) is $4,000;
$250 per credit hour. Soldiers will be eligible to use TA after successful completion of
their first year of service, after graduating from BCT, AIT, OSC, or BOLC (whichever is
latest). Exception-soldiers OCONUS may use TA for Host Nation Language courses
even if they have not met the one year service requirement for TA usage-NO OTHER
COURSES MAY BE TAKEN until one year has been met. Soldiers can use TA for a
post-Bachelor's degree after completing 10 years* of service.
* Soldiers are only requires to adhere to this requirement if TA was utilized for any
portion of the undergraduate coursework*
GI Bill
The amount of education benefits depends on the date of entrance and the conditions
under which the individual entered active duty. Additional payment of $600 to enhance
a Soldiers MGIB by $150 per month can be made. Contact the VA for specific details
and information about qualifications.
Pell Grant
Free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available at your education
center (or apply online).
Spouse Education Assistance
The military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program provides up
to $4,000 (over 2 years) of Financial Assistance for military spouses (to those that
qualify) who are pursuing degree programs, licenses, or credentials leading to
employment in portable career fields.
DANTES and College Testing
Tests include the ACT and SAT.
No tests will be given without and apoointment and we prefer 2 weeks notice. 
Please call 493-2590/2596 to speak to a counselor about testing.
For more information and study tools please visit www.nelnetsolution.com/dod/
and start studying today!!
Army Personnel Testing
Army test available: AFAST, ASVAB, AFCT, DLAB, DLPT, OPI, and SIFT. Talk to
an education counselor to check eligibility, requirements, scores, time limits, and
required forms.
APT exams in the Kaiserslautern Military Community are administered at the ROB
Education Center, Building 285, Room 5. Please call 493-2588 to speak to a
counselor about testing. Service members need a DA 4187 prior to APT testing.
For more information and study tools please visit www.nelnetsolutions.com/dod/
and start studying today!

Quick Links