Education Counselors are available to assist you with setting your educational goals, and creating and updating your GoArmyEd tuition assistance account.
Counselors can provide helpful information regarding:
· School Accreditation
· Financial Aid
· Local Available College Programs
· JST transcripts
· GI Bill programs
Speaking with a counselor is a great first step in pursuing your education goals.
Please schedule group/unit education counseling briefings by calling DSN 634-8925.
On-Site College Programs
Two on-site colleges offer courses leading to the award of credentials including: Associate’s, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. Traditional classroom, distance education, and hybrid courses are available. Soldiers utilizing their Army Tuition Assistance benefits must enroll in classes through the GoArmyEd portal. Tuition assistance may be used at accredited colleges offering both face-to-face and online courses.
Central Texas College
Mon-Thurs: 0900-1700, Fri: 1000-1700
CTC offers Associate’s Degrees to include Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Professions, Automotive Technology, EMT and Microsoft Certifications. Further Vocational and Technical degrees are available online.
University of Maryland University College
UMUC offers Associate’s, Bachelor’s, and Master’s Degrees to include Business, Italian Studies, General Studies, Psychology, and History. Further Liberal Arts degrees are available online. Face-to-face Host Nation Language Italian classes are also offered.
Functional Academic Skills Training (FAST)
FAST is an on-duty program for Soldiers that provides remediation in reading, mathematics, and test taking skills
The goals of the program are to:
· Improve performance in training and job proficiency.
· Raise GT scores for career advancement and reenlistment purposes.
· Hone mathematical skills in preparation for BNCOC.
· Increase potential for completing college, technical, vocational apprenticeship, and other educational programs.
Army Personnel Testing Office
Testing is conducted by appointment only. Call DSN 634-8126 to schedule a test.
A wide range of Army Personnel Tests (APT) are available including:
· Defense Language Aptitude Battery (DLAB)
· Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT)
· Armed Forces Classification Test (AFCT)
· Selection Instrument for Flight Training (SIFT) - formerly known as Alternate Flight Aptitude Selection Test (AFAST)
All APT tests require an approved DA Form 4187 prior to scheduling an appointment.
Testing services are also available for academic paper based examinations issued by DANTES.
· Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) - www.collegeboard.org
· ACT - www.act.org/aap
National Testing Center
Monday - Thursday: 0915 - 1415.
The National Testing Center offers computer based tests including:
· College Level Examination Program (CLEP) www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/clep/about.html
· DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) www.dantes.doded.mil/dantes_web/examinations/DSST.htm
· Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) www.mba.com/mba/thegmat/teststructureandoverview
· Pearson VUE www.vue.com/military/exams
Over 900 exams are available through Pearson VUE including certifications, such as CISCO, LINUX, NOVELL, COMPTIA, NREMT and ACSM. The GMAT and Excelsior College exams are also offered. For a complete list of exams please visit Pearson VUE online.
NOTE: Testing is conducted by appointment only. Please call DSN 634-7055 in order to schedule a test at the National Testing Center.
Test proctoring service for college test administration may be available if scheduling permits.