United States Army Logo
Images of Soldiers GoArmyEd Logo



GoArmyEd Information Portal for Ft Leonard Wood Education Center



Visit Army Continuing Education System (ACES)...

Funding Available for Spouse Career Training

Qualified military spouses worldwide are able to apply for up to $4,000 in financial aid to train in portable careers.
The goal of the program is to prepare military spouses for portable careers that provide job opportunities in most places service members are stationed.

Interested spouses can go to the Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Web page ( www.MilitaryOneSource.com/MyCAA ) to apply for the program. They can choose a career, pick a school, and develop a MyCAA plan to accomplish their goals.

MyCAA considers portable careers to be in fields such as: business or management, construction trades, education, financial services, health services, homeland security, hospitality management, human resources, information technology or real estate.

The Department of Defense is making the Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts available to spouses of active-duty and activated National Guard and Reserve service members. Spouses of Active Guard/Reserve service members and Coast Guard members deployed with the Navy are also eligible.

Spouses who are on active-duty, or are in the National Guard, Reserves or Inactive Ready Reserves are not eligible.

Veteran spouses who are no longer in any military component are eligible, according to the MyCAA Web page.

MyCAA has Military OneSource Career and Education Consultants available to answer questions and provide assistance in exploring career fields, job markets and salary ranges, choosing a course of study, learning more about the licensing necessary to meet a career goal, completing a career plan and finding additional sources of financial assistance. The consultants are available at 800.342.9647.

MyCAA provides the financial assistance directly to the participating schools or programs. The assistance pays for expenses such as post-secondary education and training tuition, licensing, and credentialing fees. The assistance does not pay for computers, school application fees, graduation fees, student activity cards, child care, parking, transportation, medical services or testing fees.

The MyCAA Web site at https://airportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa lists participating schools and programs. Individuals hoping to attend a program not listed on MyCAA can submit a request for DoD approval, according to the Web site. The link to request that a school be added to MyCAA is on the Web site.

MyCAA uses Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System to verify eligibility, so all interested spouses must ensure they are enrolled in DEERS before applying. DEERS can be reached at 800.538.9552.

Spouses must gain entrance to a school or training program on their own merit —MyCAA will not guarantee entrance to any training, according to their Web site. MyCAA urges spouses not to sign any financial documents until after his or her MyCAA plan is reviewed by a career/education consultant, according to the Web page.

For more information, call 800.342.9647 or visit https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa.

Scholarships from Colleges and Universities

Students interested in scholarships from colleges and universities should visit the following website: Scholarship Search

Truman Education Cntr Links: