United States Army Logo
Images of Soldiers GoArmyEd Logo



GoArmyEd Information Portal for Baumholder Education Center

 Baumholder Education Center  

Army Continuing Education Center (ACES)
USAG Rheinland-Pfalz 
We are located on Smith Barracks, Building 8332, next to Iron Works Library
 EFFECTIVE 01 OCTOBER 2019 our hours have changed to 0730-1630

Learn About Army Continuing Education System (ACES)

About Baumholder Education Center 
Army Education Counselor
Available Monday-Friday 0730-1630
DSN: 314-531-3180 
CIV: +49 (0) 0611-143-531-3180
Army Testing Examiner
Available Tuesday-Thursday 0730-1630    
DSN: 314-531-3186                                       
CIV: +49 (0) 611-143-531-3186
Multifunctional Learning Facility/Computer Lab
Available Monday-Friday 0730-1630
DSN: 314-531-3182
CIV: +49 (0) 611-143-531-3182
FAST Instructor/Admin/Counselor Aide
Available Monday-Friday 0730-1630
DSN: 314-531-3180/3181/3182
CIV: +49 (0) 611-143-531-3182
*Baumholder Education Center (ACES) is closed on all US Federal Holidays and USAREUR Training Holidays,
& the first Wednesday of the month for staff training and development.
How Can We Help You?
Counseling Services
Army Education Centers have professionally trained counselors available to provide educational counseling services for the entire community. Counselors can also show soldiers how to navigate through the GoArmyEd Portal. GoArmyEd.com is the virtual gateway for Soldiers on active duty to request Tuition Assistance (TA) online anytime for classroom and distance learning college courses.
Functional Academic Skills Training, classes are offered several times a year for Soldiers desiring to raise their GT score. FAST classes are on duty 60 hour courses held Monday-Friday.
Next FAST Class will be coming up 07 OCT- 29 OCT 2019
***Must have an updated Pre-TABE on file***
Army Personnel Testing

 Army tests available: TABE, ASVAB, AFCT, DLAB, DLPT, OPI and SIFT.  Come by and speak with an education counselor to update your GoArmy Ed account (GAE), check eligibility, requirements, scores, time limits, and required forms.

Testing in Baumholder takes place at the Army Education Center, Smith Barracks, Building 8332, 2nd floor. Please call 531-3180 to speak to a counselor about testing. Service members will need an updated DA 4187 prior to testing.

Dantes and College Testing
Tests include the ACT and SAT. ACT and SAT are administered at Rhine Ordnance Barracks. ACT and SAT tests are not currently available at Baumholder.
No tests will be given without an appointment and we prefer a 2 week notice to schedule. Please call 531-3180 to speak to a counselor about testing.

All proctored exams are done at the Ramstein National Testing Center or the Landstuhl National Testing Center. For information and to schedule a proctored exam, contact the testing center directly at DSN: 480-3085 or CIV: 0637-147-3085, or email at ntcramstein-europe@umuc.edu.
For more information and study tools please visit www.nelnetsolutions.com/dod/ and start studying today!
 Tuition Assistance & Financial Aid Options
Tuition Assistance (TA)
The Army TA program provides financial assistance towards tuition costs for Soldiers enrolled in off-duty courses offered by accredited college or university. The total amount of tuition assistance for the fiscal year (Oct - Sept) is $4,000 or 16 semester hours; $250 per credit hour maximum. Soldiers will be eligible to use TA after successful completion from BCT, AIT, OCS, or BOLC (whichever is latest).  Exception - soldiers OCONUS may use TA for host nation language courses even if they have not met the requirement for TA usage - NO OTHER COURSES MAY BE TAKEN until one year has been met. Soldiers can use TA for a post-Bachelor's degree after completing 10 years* of service.
To learn more about tuition assistance and enroll visit www.GoArmyEd.com or visit the Education Center.
*Soldiers are only required to adhere to this requirement if TA was utilized for any portion of the undergraduate coursework.
Post 9/11 GI Bill
The amount of education benefits depends on the date of entrance and the conditions under which the individual entered active duty. Additional payment of $600 to enhance a Soldier's MGIB by $150 per month can be made. Contact the VA office for specific details and information about qualifications.
                                                                                                    Baumholder VA Advisor: Building 8670, Smith Barracks, Rm 21.
DSN: 531-2613 CIV: 0611-143-531-2613
For more information on the GI Bill please visit www.gibill.va.gov or call 1-888-442-4551.
Email: Nancy Hogan @omscger1.vbavaco@va.gov 
Pell Grant
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) information is available directly through your school (or apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov ).
Spouse Education Assistance
The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program provides up to $4,000 (over 2 years) of Financial Assistance for military spouses (to those that qualify) who are pursuing degree programs, licenses, or credentials leading to employment in portable career fields.
For information on Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts visit https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa/Default.aspx 
 Central Texas College (CTC)
Hours of operation 0800-1600 Monday through Friday, unless otherwise posted.
DSN: 531-3184 or 0611-143-531-3184
CTC offers an A.A in Applied Science Degree, Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Professions, Legal Assistant, Automotive Mechanic/Technician, and varied certificate programs including Microsoft Certification Program. 
For more information on Central Texas College-Europe please visit www.europe.ctcd.edu or see the Baumholder representative at the education center.
University of Maryland University College- Europe (UMUC)
Hours of operation Monday - Thursday 0800-2100 and Friday 0800-1700
Closed Federal holidays and open on Training Holidays, unless otherwise posted
DSN: 531-3185 or 0611-143-531-3185
UMUC offers general studies and management. BA/BS: offers a comprehensive program w/c features courses from man academic descriptions via distance education. Graduate degrees in public administration, counseling, MIT and MIS.
For more information on UMUC-Europe please visit www.ed.umuc.edu or see the Baumholder representative at the education center.
*Embry Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU)
Hours of operation Tuesday & Friday 0800-1600, unless otherwise posted
ERAU offers Certificates, AS, BS, and MS degrees in Aviation Maintenance, Professional Aeronautics and Aeronautical Science, Technical Management and Management.
For more information on ERAU visit www.erau.edu
*ERAU is located at Ramstein Air Base and may be contacted at DSN: 480-5755 or CIV: 0637-147-5755.

*University of Oklahoma (UO) 
Hours of operation Fridays 0900-1600, unless otherwise posted
UO offers a Master of Human Relations, Master of Arts w/ an emphasis in International Relations and a PHD program in organizational leadership.
For more information on UO visit www.uo.edu
*UO is located at Ramstein Air Base and may be contacted at DSN: 480-6807 or CIV: 0637-147-6807.
  **Additional majors and concentrations for all academic institutions are available online through their direct website.
Degrees Offered 
College classes are available in a face-to-face (traditional) format and online. Most face-to-face undergraduate classes usually meet twice a week in the evening for 3 hours, for a total of 8 weeks; lunchtime and weekend classes are also offered. Online undergraduate classes are usually available anytime, any day through the service member's home school's portal.
Certificates and Associate's Degree
Certificates and Associates Degrees are offered by three academic institutions in Kaiserslautern in a face-to-face format; CTC, ERAU, and UMUC-E. The certificate usually requires 15-32 semester hours of credit while the associates degree program requires 60-65 semester hours of completed credit. Service members can also take courses for these degree progams online.
Bachelor's Degree
Bachelor's Degrees are offered by CTC, ERAU, and UMUC in face-to-face format in Kaiserslautern. These colleges offer lower and upper level courses leading towards a bachelor's degree. A bachelor's degree requires a minimum of 120 semester hours. Service members can also take courses for this degree program online.
Master's Degree
There are three academic institutions offering face-to-face graduate programs in Kaiserslautern; University of Oklahoma, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, and University of Maryland University College. Service members can also take courses for this degree program online.
 **Please check with your Education Counselor and/or home school to determine course and degree program availability!**

Helpful Links 
Joint Services Transcript
Joint Services Transcript (JST) is an Army transcript available to all service members; free of charge. Transcripts can be sent via US Postal Service or E-mail; service members can also download an unofficial copy for their own records.
Credentialing Opportunities On-Line
Use Credentialing Opportunities On-Line (COOL) to find civilian credentials related to your Military Occupational Specialty (MOS).
Army E-Learning Program 
Provides over 1,500 online courses, 24/7, at no cost to eligible individuals.
Officer Candidate School
A GT score of at least 110; minimum of 90 college credits; and SAT or ACT are among the requirements for the Officer Candidate School (OCS).
Service Members Opportunity Colleges-Army Degrees
Service Members Opportunity Colleges- Army Degrees (SOCAD) are colleges and universities dedicated to helping service members and their families earn associate and baccalaureate degrees.
Troops to Teachers 
Troops to Teachers' primary objective is to help recruit quality teachers for schools that serve low-income families through America.
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officers are highly specialized, single-track specialty officers.