United States Army Logo
Images of Soldiers GoArmyEd Logo



GoArmyEd Information Portal for 81st RSC AL Army Reserve Education Center

81st RSC AL Army Reserve Education Center
  [Insert page links here.  You can use the "Links" dropdown to add links to your other goArmyEd web pages.]


81st Readiness Division, Education Services Directory

As of: 1 June 2018

Mr. Gregory Hetrick, Education Services Specialist

Cdr, 81st RSC (KY, TN, SC, MS, AL, GA,)


255 West Oxmoor Road, Birmingham, AL 35209-3684

COMM: (205) 795-1725; Email: gregory.s.hetrick.civ@mail.mil

FAX: (205) 795-1649/ 1942 / 1765

Tuition Assistance Inquiries- Use contacts based on last name of Soldier

Letters A, B, C, D, E

Ms. Rebecca Collins- Education Service Advisor

COMM: (205) 795-1538; Email: rebecca.a.collins.ctr@mail.mil

Letters F, G, H, I, J, K, L

Ms. LaKesha Taldon- Education Service Advisor

COMM: (205) 795-1574/ (205) 912-6994; Email: lakesha.m.terry.ctr@mail.mil

Letters M, N, O, P, Q, R,

Ms. Nekita Mitchell- OSC/ Education Service Advisor

COMM: (205) 795-1934; Email: nekita.l.mitchell.ctr@mail.mil

Letters S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z

Ms. Nokeya Lee- Education Service Advisor

COMM: (205) 795-1580; Email: nokeya.r.lee.ctr@mail.mil


Army Tuition Assistance (TA) is be authorized on a course-by-course basis only for courses that are part of your Course Planner or Degree Plan for Bachelor Degree 130 Semester hours and Master degree 39 Semester hours. You can enroll courses two months before the start date of the course and TA will pay up to 16 credit hours per Fiscal Year (Books, Lab Fee or Institution Fees will not be paid). GoArmyEd (GAE) instructions can be found in Helpdesk Resources or you may request a copy of our TA Users Guide. Soldiers are eligible to use TA one year after the completion of AIT or BOLC or ten years from AIT or BOLC for a Master Degree if TA was used for a Bachelor Degree or a lower degree course.

You must upload in your GAE eFile all of the following supporting documents for TA approval:

Your class schedule and bill: is the enrollment document of the courses for the current term that you registered for at the school along with the current tuition and detailed fee statement. The schedule must have course titles, credit hours and the start and end dates for each class.

Your Personalized Degree Plan: Your degree plan must have: The Degree Name and


School Name, all courses you need to complete to graduate (course title, course number and credit hours for each course), Approval and contact info of your School Counselor.

ROTC Cadets: Non-scholarship memo or contract indicating you are not receiving a scholarship.

Joint Services Transcript (JST): Used to verify your AIT or BOLC end date.

Useful Websites for off-duty education:

TA website http://www.goarmyed.com

Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) https://selfservice.rcms.usar.army.mil/education

MGIBILL website http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/ Tel: 1-888-442-4551

MGIBILL Verification website https://www.gibill.va.gov/wave Tel: 1-877-823-2378

Veterans application online GIBILL https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/apply.asp or

https://www.vets.gov/education/apply/#modal VA Form 22-1990

Help for the Armed Forces Classification Test (AFCT) www.us.army.mil > Self Service>My Library>Practice Test>Online Academic Skills Course (OASC) or http://www.nelnetsolutions.com/DantesNet

Tutoring Help http://military.tutor.com/

Joint Services Transcript (JST) website: https://jst.doded.mil

Army eLearning Program over 5,000 courses in IT-Business-Leadership and Self Development https://usarmy.skillport.com